Connect through new experiences:
- Check out the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Jelly Cam, Coral Reef Cam and the Penguin Cam. Studies have found that aquarium-watching helps reduce stress and anxiety, increase feelings of relaxation, and decrease heart rate and muscle tension.
- Discover artworks, collections and stories from around the globe in a new way. Google Arts and Culture, created by Google Cultural Institute, allows you to explore more than 2,500 museums and galleries around the world through virtual tours.
- Virtually explore Yellowstone National Park.
- Take a virtual tour of The Great Wall of China.
- Read a free online audio book. At Audible, you can find hundreds of titles handpicked to entertain, engage and inform young people ages 0 – 18, available completely free.
- Explore free educational resources for kids. There are 200 free videos, lessons, apps, books, websites and more.
- Check out Scholastic Learn at Home for day-by-day projects to keep children reading, thinking and learning.
- Check out the Sacramento Public Library website. They have free online audiobooks and host free online events for cardholders.